Who We Are
Please note - our staff is fully vaccinated so you may safely enter our showroom.
We are a group of people who believe our tagline Recognition is Respect Made Visible, and work to create each award, sign, or trophy in such a way that the recipient feels recognized and respected.
- This is why we don’t laser metal — It is quick and cheap (and it looks it)!
- This is why we won’t make cheap plaques (by lasering them) — We worked hard to develop an economic alternative because, budget aside, people deserve to be recognized with respect. This leads us to sublimation (where the design & layout takes just as long, but production is short).
- This is why we invested in a sand carver — Glass blasted with sand has a depth that catches the light and adds a radiance to the finished product that lasering or rotary engraving can't match.
- This is why we invested in laser technology — Metals aside, it does a superb job on plastics, acrylics, wood, and bricks.
- This is why we have no phone menus — One of us will answer your call 9-5, M-Th EST.
- This is why we are constantly finding new products and technologies — We come to work every day to spread the respect we have for our customers and the people they wish to recognize.
- This is what makes us an award-winning team — We've won Best of Business awards every year it's been run, 6 so far. We're also a Better Business Bureau A+ business.
Margi Swett and her husband Steve (now retired) bought what was then Vermont Trophy & Engraving in 1996, after years in the corporate world.
They wanted a value-added business that would add high value to products with updated equipment and highly skilled staff. Four years of winning the Vermont Best of Business Award for “Best Awards and Promotional Products” is a good sign of how it’s worked out!
Margi is also an engraver.
Jessie is the next generation owner and has returned after 3+ years working at other jobs that have taught her a lot. She was our first skilled sand-carver, knows all of production, many of our customers, and notes she's been part of the business since she was 8!
In less than a year Christina grew into the role of Production Manager. She picked up what we do with amazing skill and speed. She has a background in automotive technology and sales. She and her new husband live on ten acres of woods and farmland and she enjoys animals, the natural world and scary stories. We were SO lucky to find her!
Usha (Marie) Swett
Usha joined the group at only 8 weeks old in September 2013. She loves her job and takes it very seriously and has won the Gold Star Sales Person of the Year award every year.
When the door bell goes, she heads right out to greet her customers. (she's not totally sure she needed a little sister)
Lila (Louise) Swett
After some training by Usha, Lila is a great greeter - Usha now even naps on the job occasionally. Lila is so smart that when she's bored, she'll sometimes ring the bell on the door expecting customers to come through. She's very silly and clearly still in the toddler phase but loves her job.
is Jessie's wife and has a deep background as an engineer which is awfully helpful here. As well as that engineer type of brain, Felix is an artist, stand-up comedian (how she and my daughter met) musician, car mechanic with an, "I can do that" attitude. Thank goodness! It is a delight to have her with all those talents and skills added to our business.
is another family friend of many years having been a close friend and roommate of Jessie's since college. Casey knows more about plants and rocks than anyone I have ever met. He is also an amazing woodworker, cook and forager. Meals with Casey are very interesting. Casey is also very mechanical and naturally artistic. Another amazing add to staff for us!
Our amazing luck has continued this summer. Karen is from Australia and has her own graphic design company. With her daughter off to college she decided she'd like to get out to work with people a bit more and then start a master's program next winter. We are SO lucky to have her. She instantly 'got' what we do and why we do it the way we do. She's an amazing proof-reader, is clearly creative, loves working with customers and likes being with us!